Current Awareness Bulletins
We produce a range of current awareness bulletins as detailed below. We are always happy to receive suggestions for future content. We also share some bulletins from other sources.
If you would like to be notified when any of the bulletins are released you can subscribe at the bottom of the page.
If your speciality is not covered, why not register for KnowledgShare and receive a fortnightly email with links to topics which interest you and support your practice/role?Contact us for more details.
The Advancing Practice Bulletin brings together interesting articles, reports and events about all aspects of Advancing Practice. It is for those who are working as advanced practitioner or are aspiring to be advanced practitioners.
Scroll down for Advancing Practice Bulletin, links to useful websites on the e-portfolio route, credentialing, level 7 learning and information from HEE and the Royal Colleges.
If you would like to receive the Advancing Practice Bulletin, please email Beverley.email@example.com
If you would like to know more about becoming an Advanced Practitioner, please contact Alice Robinson, Corporate lead for Advanced Practice, firstname.lastname@example.org
HEE EoE Supported portfolio route information
This route to Centre recognition will be appropriate for experienced practitioners working in an advanced practice role if they wish to demonstrate that their education and experience fully maps to the multi-professional framework (MPF) and is equivalence to that of someone who has completed an ACP MSc programme. Keep an eye on the website for updates ePortfolio (supported) Route – Advanced Practice (hee.nhs.uk)
Successful recognition will provide practitioner with a digital badge and an electronic passport
The route is intended to provide reassurance to employers, patients, carers, and families, that the capabilities included in the MPF have been evidenced by the practitioner.
Useful Links and Websites
- HEE publication on CPD
- Multi-professional framework for Advanced Clinical Practice in England
- Critical Appraisal Skills CASP-UK
- Reflective Practice
- Person-Centred Care
- HEE Centre for Advancing Practice
- Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- NHS Leadership Academy
- HEE E-learning for Health Programmes
- CPD principles form the College of Paramedics
- HEE ACP videos via Youtube
- HEE Workplace supervision for ACP’s
- The Collaborative Workforce Transformation Academy Youtube video
- Resources – Advanced Practice (hee.nhs.uk)
- BMJ Best Practice for clinical decision making
- Association for Prescribers
Advancing Practice Documents
- Advancing Practice useful websites for frameworks, organisations and guidance
- HEE Directory for Advancing Level Practice Frequently Asked Questions
- HEE EoE Faculty of Advancing Practice Update December 2021
- Key questions to ask about the use of medicines in pregnancy. Includes template
- Report focusing on the opportunities and barriers to advanced practice for AHPs in Dorset
- East of England Primary Care Advanced Practice Webinar slide show
- Pathways to Advancing Practice, Evidencing Capabilities slide show
- The Collaborative Workforce Transformation Academy pdf